Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Seriously Delicious Double Chocolate Cookies


I think I have done it followers...I outdid my personal bests and came up with a perfectly fudgey, perfectly chocolaty, double chocolate cookie. Not to toot my own horn too terribly much, but if you guys don't give this recipe a try, you are totally missing out friends!

Enough of my excitement, let me hand you the keys so you can test-drive this one on your own!

What you will need:

1 stick of unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 tbsp of veg oil (you might need to bump it up to 2 tbsp depending on the dryness of your dough)
1/2 cup of white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg and 1 egg white
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sour cream
a pinch of salt
5 or 6 chopped white truffles (I used Lindt brand)
5 or 6 chopped peanut butter cups

First thing's first, you gotta pre-heat that oven. 350 degrees F should do the trick.

As always, and for the goodness of your cookies, make SURE that your butter is completely room temperature. When it is, cream the butter, veg oil and sugars until light and fluffy. When you achieve this, incorporate your eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Set your wet mix aside and combine the dry ingredients. You can always sift these to make sure there are no lumps, but when I must admit that even I do not do this every single time.

Next, combine the wet and the dry. I recommend doing this slowly to make your life a little easier and your kitchen a little less messy. Your dough should be pretty dense when everything is incorporated and at this point you will add the sour cream, once again mixing until it is well incorporated.

Finally, you will chop your chocolate and mix it in!

If you are not the owner of non-stick baking sheets, you will want to grease a sheet or two or put some parchment paper down. I used a medium sized melon baller to measure out my cook dough balls. This made pretty big cookies as you can see in the picture, which I prefer, but feel free to play around and make whatever sized cookies you would like. Make sure to adjust baking times to fit the size of your cookies however. I let mine bake for about 13-15 minutes and that was perfect for their size. Any smaller and I wouldn't bake them past 12.

I can preach all day long about how wonderful these cookies really are, but now it's time for you to go into your kitchens and try them for yourselves!

I would love to know what you guys think about the recipe so feel free to leave comments or questions.

As always, Happy Baking my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend, you better get a new post up here soon. I wanna see that Bailey's Peanut Butter icing go public.

    And "follow" my blog! My follower load (1) is jealous of your mega follower load (1o). Haha. Teach me your popular ways.

    Love youuuuu.

    ReplyDelete